PACE is looking to expand its digital transformation team serving mining industry leaders in implementing the ideal mix of technology solutions that are uniquely designed for their mine settings. The Digital Transformation Solutions division of PACE acts as a conduit between technology vendors and mining companies to help transform mine operations and bring them into the digital age. From autonomous vehicles to a fully digital underground PACE is the mining innovation hub helping mines design solutions that fit their unique organizational, operational and cultural needs perfectly. If you have a passion for digital transformation in mining and define yourself as an enthusiastic, consistent, creative and highly competent critical thinker who thrives in helping his/ her team shine bright and deliver beyond excellent service to clients, we are looking for you!
Compensation: Commensurate with skills and experience.
How to apply: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Digital Adoption Specialist Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to be as helpful as possible to the people you serve. You must have a passion for continuous learning and a serious sense of curiosity. You will manage the flow of a project, or of multiple projects, from beginning to end. They must be extremely organized, and strong communicators. A Digital Adoption Specialist Project Manager must work with clients and consultants to ensure the coordination of project tasks and completion of deliverables. He or she should be highly skilled with technology, which can assist him or her in documenting the project and producing charts, graphs, and updates. Multiple projects will need to be managed simultaneously. This job will require travelling out of town on occasion.
- Perform analysis on vendors by comparing available services and products that best meet the client’s needs
- Follow users through their business processes to better understand workflow and identify valuable interaction between their process and technology.
- Work collaboratively with General Foreman, Supervisors and Mine leadership to be as helpful as possible in making the change journey a seamless as possible.
- Create client documents using various Microsoft tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Visio, Project Management tools
- Develop project work plans and other project documentation
- Organize logistics of various project events, meetings, etc.
- Maintain regular contact with clients to ensure that they are satisfied with the service provided by the project team
- Ensure client needs are met by the project team
- Meet cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- Meet work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have experience in implementing technology in a variety of business environments
- Must have knowledge and experience with Lean Methodologies and Project Management principles
- Must be enthusiastic, proactive with advanced critical thinking skills and have the ability to proactively understand the needs of clients, and take initiative to plan accordingly
- Must have experience in mapping out workflows and processes and applying lean thinking skills Advanced skills in using Microsoft Office functionality including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project or other web-based tools.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to translate thoughts into actions to help others see the final project goal
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Must have or be interested in working towards a Project Management Professional PMP certification Excellent Time
- Management Skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks Ideally have experience working in underground and open pit mining environments
- Team Player who is actively seeking better ways of doing everyday tasks and not afraid of asking for help Technology vendor engagement / implementation experience is a highly desirable asset
- Attention to detail and an eye for design and understanding of documentation best practices is an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Educational background in project management, engineering, business analysis or data analysis is an asset